In answer to the call of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) through its Memorandum Circular No. 2016-97 dated 19 July 2016 , the Iloilo City Government, through its City Council, has granted accreditation/renewal of accreditation to ten (10) Non-Governmental Organizations for the period July 2016-September 13, 2016.
Said accreditation would enable these Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to join and be part of any Local Special Bodies in the City Government of Iloilo for a more participative governance.
These NGOs are the following, namely:
- Taos Puso Foundation, Inc.
- Creative Community Foundation;
- Family Planning Organization of the Philippines, Inc. Iloilo Chapter;
- Signpost Philippines, Inc.;
- Iloilo Children Welfare Foundation (ICWF) Inc.;
- Association of Differently-Abled Persons in Iloilo Multi-Purpose Cooperative (ADPIMPC);
- Iloilo Code NGO’s Inc.;
- Network of Social Development NGO’s Inc.;
- Association of Disabled Persons Iloilo Inc. (ADF); and
- Process Foundation Panay, Inc.
In accordance to Article Sec. of the IRR of the Local Government Code of 1991, these NGOs have complied with all the requirements needed in order to be granted accreditation. The evaluation was made through the Committee on Rules, Ordinances, Resolutions, Style, Justice and Legal Matters of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Iloilo City, with Councilor Eduardo L. Penaredondo as its Chairman.