The City Council, during its Regular Session held last August 27, 2012, enacted Regulation Ordinance No. 2013- 344, entitled “2013 Comprehensive Perimeter Boundary Ordinance of the City of Iloilo”.
The scope of the said ordinance shall include the control, supervision, monitoring and regulation of the entry of public utility jeepneys (PUJs), cargo vans and jeepneys and buses originating from the Province of Iloilo and other neighboring provinces.
Salient points of the said ordinance are as follows, to wit:
- Provincial PUJs and PUBs, except those coming from the first towns (OTON, SAN MIGUEL, PAVIA AND LEGANES), are hereby mandated to load and unload their passengers in duly established and designated perimeter boundary terminals, and now, therefore, shall be prohibited and restricted from entering any jurisdictional area of Iloilo City;
- The use and issuance of public utility pass are hereby deferred, suspended and set aside;
- Provincial PUJs, public utility vans and cargo trucks carrying or hauling crops, foodstuffs, goods and produce from the provinces and municipalities shall be allowed to enter the City of Iloilo to unload the same in Iloilo Terminal Market and Jaro Big Market during dead time, i.e., 10:00 in the evening until 5:00 in the morning – the following day – without the need of securing a public utility passes. After completely unloading its cargo, said vehicles shall immediately leave the point of destination and shall without delay return to its point of origin without picking up passengers;
- Provincial PUJs shall be allowed to enter the territorial jurisdiction of the City of Iloilo at any given time when transporting an ailing or dying patient to the nearest city hospital from the point of origin;
- Provincial PUJs from the first towns – OTON, SAN MIGUEL, PAVIA AND LEGANES – shall be allowed to enter the territorial jurisdiction of Iloilo to load and unload passengers and shall strictly observe the following route:
- OTON ANHAWAN AND OTON DERECHO shall pass through Osmena St., Arevalo, Avancena St., Molo and upon reaching the Iloilo City Community College, shall make a U-turn to San Pedro Molo and traverse towards the same route going to Oton, Iloilo;
- SAN MIGUEL shall pass through R. Mapa St., Mandurriao, shall make a left turn to Old Airport Road passing through Megaworld and shall make a left turn to Q. Abeto St., Mandurriao passing through Western Visayas Medical Center (Provincial Hospital) and shall proceed to Mandurriao Plaza and shall traverse the same route back to San Miguel;
- LEGANES HI-WAY shall pass through McArthur Drive, Jaro Plaza, El 98, shall make a left turn to Sen. Benigno Aquino Ave., passing through SM City Iloilo and shall make a U-turn at the designated U-turn slot back to Leganes using the same route;
- LEGANES LAPAZ shall pass through McArthur Drive, Jaro Plaza, shall make a left turn to Luna, Jaro, turn right at Commission Civil, Jaro, to Burgos Mabini, Lapaz and shall return back to Leganes with the same route;
- PAVIA HIGHWAY shall pass through Sen. Benigno Aquino Avenue and upon reaching SM City Iloilo shall make a U-turn at the designated U-turn slot for Pavia, Iloilo and shall traverse the same route back to Pavia;
- PAVIA LAPAZ shall pass through Sen. Benigno Aquino Avenue and shall turn left at El Castilla 98 to Jaro Plaza, turn left to Luna, Jaro, turn right to Commission Civil, Jaro to Burgos Mabini, Lapaz and shall return back to Pavia with the same route.
- Perimeter Boundary Terminals
- Southern Lines (coming from Antique and southern towns – Tigbauan, Guimbal, Igbaras, Tubungan, Miag-ao, and San Joaquin) shall utilize the perimeter boundary terminal situated at Brgy. Sto. Domingo and Mohon, Arevalo, Iloilo City.
- ALEOSAN Line (Alimodian and Leon) shall utilize the perimeter terminal at Brgy. Hibao-an Sur and Norte, Mandurriao, Iloilo City.
- Central line ( Sta. Barbara, New Lucena, Cabatuan, Maasin, Janiuay, Badiangan, Lambunao, Calinog, including Tapaz and Dumangas) shall be in the Perimeter Terminal at Brgy. Sambag and Brgy. Ungka, Jaro, Iloilo City.
- Northern Line (Zarraga, Mina, Pototan, Dingle, Dueñas, San Enrique, Passi City, Barotac Nuevo, Dumangas, Anilao, Banate, Barotac Viejo, San Rafael, Ajuy, Sara, Lemery, Concepcion, Batad, San Dionisio, Balasan, Estancia, Carles and those coming from the provinces of Aklan and Capiz) shall be in the Perimeter Terminal in Brgy. Tagbak, Brgy. Balantang, and Brgy. Buntatala, Jaro, Iloilo City.
- Penalty Clause
Any person/driver who violates any provision of the said ordinance will have his/her driver’s license confiscated and shall be liable to pay a fine of P1,000.00 (FIRST OFFENSE), P2,000.00 (SECOND OFFENSE) and P3,000.00 (THIRD AND SUCCEEDING OFFENSES) to the City Treasurer’s Office.
Said ordinance was sponsored by Councilor Plaridel C. Nava II, Chairman, Committee on Transportation. The effectivity of this ordinance shall take effect after fifteen (15) days from the date of its publication in a local newspaper of general circulation in Western Visayas.